This e-book is free! You can read it here on the web or download the PDF version.
Table of Contents
- Part I: Communication Dynamics
- 1: The usual error
- 2: Different communication styles
- 3: Different personality types
- 4: The other half of communication
- 5: Checking in
- 6: I already know this, but I need to hear you say it again
- 7: What problem are you trying to solve?
- 8: Feeling considered
- Part II: Boundaries
- 9: Holding healthy boundaries
- 10: Fierceness
- 11: Ask for what you need
- 12: I am not green
- 13: “I” statements
- 14: It’s not all about me
- Part III: Turning Conflict into Communication
- 15: What did you intend?
- 16: The next time I ask for $1000, just give me a veggie burger instead!
- 17: We’re on the same team
- 18: Coming to terms
- 19: Meta-communication
- 20: Memory
- 21: Trust your future self
- 22: Giving permission to disappoint
- Part IV: Conflict Resolution
- 23: The only way out is through
- 24: The William James zone
- 25: The lollipop
- 26: What do I get out of being right?
- 27: Reflection
- 28: Verbal aikido
- Part V: Positivity!
The Usual Error. Copyright © 2009 by Pace and Kyeli Smith. Some rights reserved. This work is released under the Creative Commons Attribution Non-commercial Share Alike License (by-nc-sa). This license lets others remix, tweak, and build upon this work non-commercially, as long as they credit Pace and Kyeli Smith and license their new creations under the identical terms. Others can download and redistribute this work, and they can also translate, make remixes, and produce new stories based on this work. All new work based on this work will carry the same license, so any derivatives will also be non-commercial in nature.